HIGHLIGHTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Highly skilled in both artistic and business arenas, combining knowledge and experience with talent and drive.
- 13+ years of Creative Direction and Strategy experience
- Over 20 years of experience as an entrepreneur and freelance professional in the field of design and marketing.
- Excel at interpersonal communication with all types of personalities, from colleagues to clients
- Excel at communicating advanced visual or technical concepts and ideas in ways that are easily understood
- Able to apply creativity not just visually, but in all areas of marketing, copy-writing, teamwork and problem solving.
- Comfortable in a leadership role and in assuming other roles required to find a solution
Ringling College of Art and Design – Sarasota, FL
BFA Degree: Major in Illustration, Minor in Graphic Design
University of Florida – Teaching Fellow – Intro to Graphic Design
2006 – 2007
Ringling College of Art and Design – Adjunct Professor – Portfolio & Illustration Courses
2002 – Present
Freelance / Contract Work as Kyle Cross / Metroviking / Alizon Studios
- Creative Direction & Creative Strategy
- Client acquisition and communication
- Concept development
- Brand development
- Campaigns for print and electronic media
- Content Narrative & Copy Development
- Visual Strategy Development
- Website UI / UX design
- Prioritize and delegate assets to internal departments
- Organize and direct video and photo shoots
- Marketing collateral, Stationary systems, etc
Clients: Haxby Collective, AOL, Westfield Corporation, Learnboost, Darwins Brewing Company, Blue Rooster, Dear Bushwick, Prismatic, Darwin’s on 4th, The Hub, Beerworks, Sarasota Circus, 6Dot Innovations, Neuro Foundation, Indigenous Restaurant, Dudes Mencare, Sarasota Magazine, Mongoose, Bistro 105
Creative Director, $6 Shirts, Gainesville, FL
- Rebranding including new logo, type set, icons and web concepts
- Worked closely with web team and internal staff
- Designed T-shirts sold on website
- Copywriting for T-Shirt content
- Web Site redesign
Creative Strategist, Be Creative Studios, Sarasota, FL
- Managed and mentored a team of developers.
- Facilitated proposals and schedules with client service
- Prioritized and delegated projects
- Collaborated with IT and designers to ensure relevant and current technologies were being implemented
- Presented work to clients
- Worked directly with both client service and client throughout the duration of a project
- Managed outside resources and vendors, including writers, designers, photographers, printers and web programmers
- Organized and directed photo shoots
- Designed print and online annual reports, concept development, brand development, interactive design, direct mail, trade show graphics, stationery systems, marketing collateral, brochures, illustrations, print production
Clients: SRQ Airport, Humane Society, Red Cross, Mote Marine Laboratory, Gateway Banks, Blackstone Shoes, Motorworks Brewing, Forty Carrots, Goodwill, Florida Wine & Balloon Festival
Creative Director and Curator, Store 101, Gainesville, FL
- Directed a specialty boutique and design studio with specializations in graphic apparel & brand development.
- Developed brands, apparel, screen printing pre-press and collateral
- Provided full service screen-printing and design services.
- Curated the gallery space and coordinated events and workshops.
Clients: Beandip, Red Tide, She Kills, Rebel 8, Gorilla Riot, Angry Ice Cream, Phil Noto, Erik Jones, Ringling College, Nathan Fox, Nike, Kid Robot
Art Director, DigitalThree Studios, Sarasota, FL
- Responsible for conceptual development, research, design, client meetings and final print collateral.
- Collaborated on creation of promotional material, web design and internal market campaigns.
Mr.Beery’s Beer & Starwars Lowbrow Art Extravaganza, Sarasota, FL
Annual TataGala, Sarasota, FL
The Blue Period, Gainesville, FL
The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, Sarasota, FL
GNV Fashion Week, Gainesville, FL
Big Trouble In Little Gainesville, Gainesville, FL
5th Annual Harvey Milk Festival SRQ, Sarasota, FL
Creative Director at SEE Magazine Sarasota, FL
UI Designer – Illustrator, Haxby Collective, Denver, CO
UI Designer – Illustrator, AOL, Palo Alto, CA
Creative Installation, Blue Rooster Restaurant, Sarasota, FL
Creative Installation, Westfield Corporation, Sarasota, FL
UI Designer – Illustrator, Learnboost, San Francisco, CA
AWARDS / RECOGNITION
Florida Public Relations Association Award – “Do You SRQ” ad campaign – SRQ Airport 2013
American Graphic Design Award – Blackstone Ad Campaign – 2012
American Graphic Design Award – Shelterbox Annual Report – 2012
ADDY Awards from the American Advertising Federation for D3 – 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Store 101 – Best New Store 2008
Gorilla Riot – Featured in Top 100 Underground Brands 2008
Sarasota Film Festival 2007 – Best Community Festival Brand Campaign
Sarasota County Parks – Best Community Map 2007
48 Hour Guerilla Film Festival – Best New Creative Competition Southwest Florida Travel Bureau 2007
AWARDS WON BY CLIENTS RELATED TO MY WORK
Darwins on 4th – USA Today list of best brewpubs in the nation 2014
Indigenous – Best Over All Restaurant 2012
Economic Development Corporation of Sarasota County – Gold Excellence in Economic Development Award from the International Economic Association 2013
Corel Painter 12
Microsoft Word & Excel
All traditional methods of hand created imagery: from acrylic, pencil, oil, and watercolor to screen-printing techniques and processes.